Palak Pakoras

Right from the day I set my eyes on these pakoras at Madhuri's blog, I have been wanting to try this.Whenever there is palak at home, either I did not feel like frying , or my daughter wanted something sweet that particular day or for some reason frying these golden beauties was getting postponed indefinetely. Today I decided that "Come what may...I shall fry these yummy pakoras" and I definitely do not repent.These pakoras came out so perfect , crunchy with a burst of flavours and textures as you eat into it. I wish i could parcel this to Baroda and Bhubaneshwar (niece and nephew)
INGREDIENTS
Palak 1 bunch
Onion 1
Garlic 2 cloves
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Gram flour 1 cup
Rice flour 3 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
PREPARATION
Cut the palak , onion and garlic very finely
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl adding water little by little.
The consistency of the dough should like the chapathi dough.
Heat oil in a kadai.
Pinch small balls from this dough and roll between greased palms.
When it heats up sufficiently,Fry these pakoras in batches till they turn golden brown and the sizzling stops
Drain in on an absorbent paper and serve hot with spicy tangy tomato sauce
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#14
Linking this to Kid's Delight, hosted by Rujuta themed on Easy to make Snacks under 30 mins
Thank you Madhuri for this wonderful recipe




Labels: , , , ,