Vegetable Sheekh Kebab

For the 2nd day of BM#13 I decided to make some soft vegetable kebabs.I just understood that it is so very easy to make these kebabs at home wit the veggies you might use regularly. This set me to think...Why the hell did I keep ordering these from restaurants??The obvious answer is I was apprehensive about the usage of barbeque...scared if I might mess up with it.I guess once I am pushed out of the comfort zone I am ready to try any cuisine and I must thank Valli for this. But for this marathon I would not have dared to make kebabs at home!!
INGREDIENTS
Potatoes 4 (medium sized)
Carrot 1
Onion 1
French beans 5-6
Peas 1/4 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
Chilli powder 2 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Oil 2 tsp
Ghee 1 tsp
Salt to taste
PREPARATION
Boil the potatoes.cool it completely. Peel and mash well
Grate the carrot
Dice the onion finely and cut the beans finely
Cook the peas without water
Heat oil in a pan and saute onions, carrot ,beans for 2 minutes and then add the ginger garlic paste and saute it for 2 more minutes. Switch off the fire and cool it
Add this to the potato mixture. Add the cooked peas, chilli powder, garam masala and salt to this. Mix well. cool it completely
Prepare the charcoal barbeque
Take one ball of this mixture and press it around the skewer and arrange it on the prepared grill/ charcoal barbeque, apply ghee on it and and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.(This timing is for charcoal barbeque only)
Let it brown on one side and then flip it to the other side and again cook it for till it browns
Serve it hot!
Linking this to Kebab Mela by Srivalli
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13









Labels: , ,